Datablist is a web-based data management platform. It provides easy-to-use data manipulation and editing features.
Datablist comes with a catalog of actions to enrich domains, email addresses, translate texts, etc.
How enrichments work
To start, click on the "Enrich" button in the menu.
Note: Actions are only visible to registered users. Click here to create an account for free.
Define items to be processed
Datablist will process the items in the "current view". It takes the items in this order:
- If you have selected items in your collection, it will process them
- If you have a filter or a full-text search term, it will process the filtered items
- Otherwise, it will process all your collection items
Configure settings, inputs, and outputs
Enrichments take one or several properties as inputs and generate data into output properties. Your existing data is not edited. The data coming from the enrichments will be saved in new properties. Some enrichments have settings.
When the enrichment will run, Datablist will loop on each of your items. For each item:
- Datablist will take the data from the input properties for the item.
- This data will be sent to the enrichment action with the setting values.
- The result will be saved into the output properties.
Inputs are the source of data for the enrichments. Select properties with data from your collection.
Output properties will store the results. You can map the output to existing properties in your collection. Or click the "+" button to create a new property.
Note - The values in the input properties are not edited. The result of the enrichment is saved in the output properties.
Before running your enrichment action, please check the options.
- Save options - If checked, your mappings and text options (for the settings) will be saved in your browser. Text options are encrypted.
- Overwrite data - By default, existing values in your output properties are not overwritten. This prevents data loss and bad manipulation errors. Check this setting to overwrite existing data during the process.
When your settings, inputs, and outputs are configured, click on "Run action" to process your items.
Under the hood, Datablist splits items into chunks and processes them. When it is possible, Datablist will process several chunks of items in parallel.
When an error occurs, the enrichment process stops. The chunks being processed run until they finish but Datablist prevents the next chunks to be processed.
In this case, your items will be partially processed. To run the enrichment on the remaining items, close the drawer, exclude already processed items using filters, and try again.
Some enrichments are unlimited, and others rely on third-party providers.
And for enrichments with third-party providers, some let you set your own API Key, and others work with Datablist Credits system.
Datablist Credit System lets you run enrichments in "pay-as-you-go". Once your credit balance is zero, you can top-up your balance. Read our credits documentation to learn more.
I have an idea for a new enrichment action
Great! I love to learn about new use cases and new enrichment. Please contact me using this contact form. Or just book a meeting on my Calendly.
Can I code my own enrichment action?